Dental health affects your overall health and thats why at Rolando Dentistry, Dr. Dale Rolando has made it is mission to become a “Complete Dentist”.
Sleep Related Disorders happen when something partly or completely blocks your upper airway during sleep. That makes your diaphragm & chest muscles work harder to open the obstructed airway and pull air into the lungs. Breathing usually resumes with a loud gasp, snort, or body jerk. You may not sleep well, but you probably won’t be aware that this is happening.
The condition can also reduce the flow of oxygen to vital organs and cause irregular heart rhythms.
Patients don’t often think about how their breathing and sleep patterns can be caused by dental issues. With this in mind, below are a list of things that you should be thinking about:
- Are you a mouth breather?
- Do you suffer from Sleep Apnea?
- Do you suffer from any of the following issues;
- Poor mental sharpness (Brain Fog)
- Anxiety or Depression
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Restless Lef Syndrome
- Reduced Libido
- Dental wear due to Bruxism
In children, the symptoms can include the following:
- Choking or drooling
- Sweating a lot at night
- Ribcage moves inward when they exhale
- Learning and behavior disorders
- Problems at school
- Sluggishness or sleepiness
- Teeth grinding
- Restlessness in bed
- Pauses or absence of breathing
- Unusual sleeping positions, such as sleeping on the hands and knees, or with the neck hyperextended
Let Rolando Dentistry give you a complete dental evaluation to learn how we can help your overall health.